The number of tickets available only reflects our allocation and not the total tickets remaining for the event.
We do not post out tickets. See faqs for more info.
Snake Davis is one of the jazz world’s best kept secrets. He is a saxophonist of almost unparalleled gifts who has played with the best in the business through a career spanning three decades.
Yet it wasn’t until he reached the age of 20 that he picked up his first saxophone. He enrolled on the diploma course in jazz and light music at Leeds College of Music funded by busking and gig money. It was here that he met and made many of his life long friends and gained the great experience of disciplined ensemble playing. The much loved “Snake Davis and his Alligator Shoes”, the nine piece soul band were formed, playing 60’s soul music with the sax taking the vocal parts.
After college, Snake spent several years travelling, playing on cruise boats briefly setting up home in Brooklyn getting tuition from hot players and visiting some of the best jazz clubs in America.
Back in England, he joined the soul revue band “Zoot and the Roots” started his long career as a session musician and first met Lisa Stansfield.
To date, Snake Davis has recorded on more than 400 tracks for over 60 artists and the list keeps growing. That’s not even counting all of the live performances! These are some of his career highlights to date:-
• Sax Solo on cult television show “The Tube”
• World Tour with Lisa Stansfield
• “Tonight with Jonathon Ross”
• 1993 The start of his long association with M-People
• Plays himself as band leader in “The Paradise Club” ITV series
• Presents a Masterclass on Tyne tees, Granada and Yorkshire TV
• World “Peace” tour with The Eurythmics
• First Solo album commercially available released – Snakebites
• First of many tours with Japanese rock star Eikichi Yazawa
• Digital single “Human Nature” record of the week on JazzFM
• Human Nature No.1 on smooth jazz single charts with CDBaby
• World Premiere of SnakeStrings
• Appearance on BBC1 “The One Show” with Chris Evans, Alex Jones and Gary Barlow – feature on The Solo’s The Star for his sax on “A Million Love Songs”
“Snake Davis has one of the most passionate sax styles and simple bluesy approaches a-la-Sanborn heard in these isles for a while”. TIME OUT.
“A virtuoso saxophonist”. DAILY TELEGRAPH
“A brilliant sax player who could wail like the best American players, but was at his best weaving around slow ballads,won deserved acclaim” BLUES + SOUL
“Davis’s vocalised, David Sanborn-like sax sound expresses a devoted affection for the candid cry of blues and soul” THE GUARDIAN
“Snake is a joy to work alongside.His musical skills have no limit, in fact he is as free as a bird.” DAVE STEWART (Eurythmics)
“Snake’s staple is soul and funk but to talk in terms of genres ignores his great strength, the ability to evoke moods and places through his music…….Fabulous entertainment from a consummate musician.” NEWS AND STAR – Cumbrian Newspapers
His last Snake Davis Band release “Live” Album
“Some really big, soulful tenor playing this is the business- 13 tracks of gorgeously lush sax from one of the most distinctive sax voices around.” SAX.CO.UK
“These are musicians performing at the top of their game on songs that have at their heart and soul the peerless playing of Mr Snake Davis.” ARTICLE The Magazine of The Arts